With U Co., Ltd. (the “Company”), develops, publishes and otherwise provides games and game-related services that can be used alone, with friends or through a social network, via the Internet and by way of stationary and mobile devices.
- Who Is Allowed to Use the Company’s Services
- Information That Is Voluntarily Provided to the Company
- The Company’s Use of Personal Information
- Accessing or Amending Personal Information; Opting Out and Discontinuing of Use
- Viewing Personal Information through Services
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Where We Store and Process Your Information
(related to the Company’s website) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing: With U Co., Ltd.
JR Tower Office Plaza Sapporo, 12 Fl.
Kita 5-jyo Nishi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
Hokkaido 060-0005 Japan
This document was last updated on October 24, 2014.
1. Who Is Allowed to Use the Company’s Services
The Company’s Services may only be used by individuals who are at least 13 years of age. If you are not at least 13 years old, you must stop using the Services immediately. The Company does not solicit or knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 13. To the extent that the Company inadvertently collects personal information from persons under the age of 13, the Company will take immediately expunge such information from the Company’s records.
2. Information That Is Voluntarily Provided to or Collected by the Company
3. The Company’s Use of Personal Information
The Company may use Personal Information beyond the scope of the Purpose of Use without notice to you and without your consent in cases where (i) applicable laws and regulations require the Company to so use the Personal Information, (ii) it is impracticable to obtain your consent to so use the Personal Information and it is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of the Company, its affiliates, other users of the Services, or the public, or (iii) it is necessary to so use the Personal Information for cooperating with any relevant public authority in executing its affairs as prescribed by applicable laws and regulations and obtaining your consent is likely to impede the execution of such affair.
The Company will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without your consent, except to the extent required by applicable laws and regulations, or as follows:
- In the event that the Company transfers or merges its business with another company or entity, or buys any company, entity or business, Personal Information may be transferred to such other company or entity, or any prospective buyers or sellers of such company, entity or business.
- The Company may share your Personal Information if (i) it is impracticable to obtain your consent to so distribute your Personal Information and it is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of the Company, its affiliates, other users of the Services, or the public, or (ii) it is necessary to so share the Personal Information for cooperating with any relevant public authority in executing its duties as prescribed by applicable laws and regulations and obtaining your consent is likely to impede the execution of such duties.
- The Company may share your Personal Information with credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
The Company uses Log Data to administer the Services, and analyzes (and may engage third parties to analyze) this information to improve and enhance the Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our users’ needs and preferences. The Company may use a person’s IP address to fight spam, malware and identity theft. The Company also uses the IP Address to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how the Services are used.
4. Accessing or Amending Personal Information; Opting Out and Discontinuing of Use
Users have the right to access their Personal Information. Further, users may seek to amend the Personal Information held by the Company on the grounds that the Personal Information so held is inaccurate, in which case the Company will, except in cases in which special procedures are prescribed by applicable laws and regulations for such amendment, promptly conduct the necessary investigation within the scope of the Purpose of Use and, on the basis of the results thereof, amend the Personal Information so held and notify the relevant third parties to which the related Personal Information is distributed (if there are any such third parties) of such amendment.
Users may opt out from receiving promotional and other communications from the Company. The Company may still email or communicate with a user from time to time if the Company needs to provide you with information or if the Company needs to request information from a user with respect to a transaction initiated by the user or for other legitimate non-marketing reasons. Changes to users’ email contact preferences may take up to ten (10) business days to take effect.
Where the Company is requested by a user to erase or discontinue using or distributing such Personal Information of the user so held on the grounds that such Personal Information is being used outside the scope of the Purpose of Use, has been acquired by deception or other wrongful means, or has been distributed to a third party in violation of Section 3, and where it is found that the request has a valid reason, the Company will promptly erase or discontinue using or distributing such Personal Information to the extent necessary to address such reason.
Any request in connection with any of these activities must be submitted in writing or by email to:
With U Co., Ltd.
Mailing: JR Tower Office Plaza Sapporo, 12 Fl.
Kita 5-jyo Nishi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
Hokkaido 060-0005 Japan
The Company may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also reserve the right to use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from your Personal Information.
5. Viewing Personal Information through Services
Users’ Personal Information may be able to be viewed by other users when using the Services if such users allow their Personal Information to be so viewed by adjusting their user security settings. Users who make their Personal Information capable of viewing by other users by adjusting their user security settings are deemed to have given express permission to other users to view their Personal Information. Such a feature is not an indication that the Company endorses or encourages users to view the Personal Information of other users. Furthermore, the Company prohibits any user from using Personal Information of other users in any manner whatsoever except for the sole purpose of utilizing the Company’s Services. The Company recommends that users employ caution to ensure that their security settings allow only those who are trustworthy to view their Personal Information. The Company is not responsible for providing additional protection in this regard.
6. Links to Third-Party Websites
7. Where We Store and Process Your Information
EFFECTIVE AS OF: February 14, 2013
LAST MODIFIED AS OF: October 24, 2014
©With U Co., Ltd.